TEAMSPEAK: Maintenance complete!

Moderator: Gavlar

tentimes
GM

TEAMSPEAK: Maintenance complete!

Post by tentimes » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:53 pm

EDIT: It should now be fully operational! If anyone wants channels adding just let me know. There is no problem giving admin type rights for channel creation if anyone feels they need them also.

Hi guys,

Now that the first problem is resolved I am afraid that I will need to take the TS server down for a few days in order to reconfigure that server. It will be back up for Rift, but I'm aware that the DDO people will be without a server for a few days, but it can't be helped. You don't need to change anything, the settings will all be the same when you log back in (with the possible exception of phonetics, which you might need to add again).

I will keep you posted here on how things are going. It should be back up by Sunday 23 January. It might be sooner if all goes well. For those that are interested, this is a Linode VPS that is fully managed by Mr Tentimes ;) I am going to put some structures in place so that, if we continue to have problems with our website, we can move it over to the VPS without too much trouble. This means writing a new OS and LEMP/LAMP stack, plus configuration. Once done I can stick TS back on and have it ready for migration should the website have problems.
This is my retro sig from Everquest 2 Beta - design by Aeijn

Dalla
named mob

Re: TEAMSPEAK: Down for a few days for maintenance

Post by Dalla » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:13 am

thanks for all the hardwork...
does raise the problem of trying to keep sohlaar under control in ddo for a few days without being able to yell at him... which tbh only works marginally anyway :)