Oh noes! I'm on the last series of DS9

Moderator: Gavlar

tentimes
GM

Oh noes! I'm on the last series of DS9

Post by tentimes » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:26 am

I hate it when I get to the last series of DS9 on my regular run-through of the series. I've spent my usual half a box of kleenex lamenting the passing of Jadzia Dax, and even though it's the best series, given all the threads being tied together, it's like getting to the last chapter of a book.

Plus I know I will have to wait another 2 or 3 months before I start run-through number 37 :(

What to watch after this? I've run out of shows: The Wire, Spooks, Next Gen, 9/11 conspiracy stories, serial killer programmes, Magnum, Air Crash Investigation, Seconds from Disaster, A Touch of Frost, Morse, Battlestar Galactica, Becker, One foot in the grave, multiple programmes & books on Psycopathy (my pet obsession), Waking the dead, West Wing, Wycliffe, Nurse Jackie....

There's nothin' left! (And I hate Lost before anyone says enything; The Event is even worse, and 24 is dreadful too)

Any ideas?
This is my retro sig from Everquest 2 Beta - design by Aeijn

tydomas
roamer

Re: Oh noes! I'm on the last series of DS9

Post by tydomas » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:21 am

how about Babylon 5

provided you can get through series 1 (which can be a bit of a struggle) it was my fav Sci - Fi series till BSG came along.

Tomsk
GM

Post by Tomsk » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:34 am

Babylon 5 is a good storey, dated visually but a good yarn

Spartacus blood and sand, was for me the best thing out of 2010

Rome series 1 and 2 has some fantastic characters in it. The interaction between the main two chars is excellent.

Deadwood 1,2,3. One of my favs, Never heard such foul languagee but the way it's written is fantastic. 50% of the time I cant understand what they're saying but you get the meaning :)

Dalla
named mob

Post by Dalla » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:30 am

hmm Tomsk.. I have a sneaky suspicion I know why you liked the Spartacus series after tuning into one or two of them...

as for the rest.. sorry can't really help out as REALLY not a TV boff... I like my Holby City and Masterchef and thats about as far as it goes lol..
prefer films and books anyday

Brennig
NPC

Post by Brennig » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:00 pm

You mean to say you haven't watched Dexter ? Simply the single best thing on TV in years. 4 Series down and another coming soon. I defy anybody not to be impressed with it...

Cheers

Bren

Tomsk
GM

Post by Tomsk » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:17 pm

A few peeps have recommended Dexter to me Bren,

We're at a loose end series wise atm so I'll prolly give that a go.

As for Spartacas Dalla,

First impressions are it's all hack n' slash (ok ok I'd have settled for that) But after around episode 5 the plot is so damn good :) My misses thinks it was awesome too :)

Dalla
named mob

Post by Dalla » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:37 pm

TBH Tomsk... I enjoyed the hack 'n' slash (like the graphic novel style use of blood and gore) but in the end just couldn't get into it as any plot development seemed to always take place in the bedroom (or bath / hallway / etc etc)... I know some peeps would love that though, naming no names but with the image of a burger king in my mind ;)

Antonym
NPC

Post by Antonym » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:09 pm

The Walking Dead was great if you didn't see it (surely the best ongoing comic book ever).

If you liked The Wire, The Shield was pretty good or, and don't mind some subtitles, the French series Spiral is fantastic.

Sons of Anarchy is a bit cheesy but good watching, really picks up the pace in series 2.

Gavlar
GM

Post by Gavlar » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:26 pm

The Shield yes, couldnt get into Sons of Anarchy at all. Got a few episodes of No Ordinary Fanily to watch, will report back.

tentimes
GM

Post by tentimes » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:00 pm

Thanks for the great suggestions folks! I think I am going to start with Babylon 5 :)
This is my retro sig from Everquest 2 Beta - design by Aeijn