Rift Application - Sypher (Cleric)

Join us here

Moderator: Gavlar

Sypher

Rift Application - Sypher (Cleric)

Post by Sypher » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Evening All,

My name is John, I'm a 30 year old guy from Manchester, UK, currently looking for a stable guild I can call home. I came across your forum from the rift forum link and after looking through a lot of PvE guild websites I can honestly say Daedalus matches everything that im looking for.

I have been a PC gamer since the dawn of time (well, as far back as I can remember anyway, which isnt too long.. thanks to alcohol and age!) Only really got into MMOs when WoW first came out but have played my hand at everything in between from AoC, War, STO and even Aion. Before that i was a C&C man with a tipple of Total war games and Civ stuff!

I used to dabble in hardcore raiding back in the day but now Im a married man with an 11 month old little guy I dont have as much time as I used to and have been really enjoying playing casually in the evenings running dungeons, crafting, raiding, pvping or just generally bantering in vent.

Im a loyal kinda guy and have spent a lot of time trying to find a guild that will not only fit my criteria but also provide me with the great social, fun and mature aspects that an MMO should be all about, Daedalus hits the nail on the head for me for all those things.

In terms of characters I have always either been a tank or a healer and will most likely roll a cleric during the headstart on Thursday...I have even been given special permissions from the wife to log on early... although it cost me a weeks worth of ironing!!

That's pretty much me in a nutshell, hope to hear from you soon and see you on Thursday!

Sypher

Gavlar
GM

Re: Rift Application - Sypher (Cleric)

Post by Gavlar » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:31 pm

A weeks worth of ironing for a weeks worth of playing, thats rough!

Welcome onboard. Give us a shout tomorrow once were live; guild should be up wtihin an hour or so.

Antonym
NPC

Post by Antonym » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:37 pm

Welcome aboard

I'll need a week's ironing doing too :)

Vothron
named mob

Post by Vothron » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:57 pm

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Nice to have you here and I look forwards to gaming with you and running instances.

Vothron (Matt)

Ruin
common spawn

Post by Ruin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:38 pm

Welcome! Always good to have more Mancs around :)

R.

Sypher

Post by Sypher » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:59 pm

Thanks all, and yeah my missus drives a hard bargain.. will i actually do the ironing is another point to mention :)

(ahem.. yes or she will kick my arse!)

Sinark
boss mob

Post by Sinark » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:23 pm

lol welcome to the guild mate.

Shame we dont have a guild hall in RIFT, you'd be great at cleaning the place and scrubbing Tomsk's undies !!!

SIN

tentimes
GM

Post by tentimes » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:46 pm

Welcome :) Sypher rings a bell with me for some reason but I can't place it?
This is my retro sig from Everquest 2 Beta - design by Aeijn

Sypher

Post by Sypher » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:21 pm

Thanks for the offer Sinark, but im not sure that the maid soul will be implemented until the next expansion so you'll have to wait.

Tentimes, did you ever play wow, if so what server?

tentimes
GM

Post by tentimes » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:40 am

Not really, only with stupid names and way way back mostly. I think maybe I did a Rift with you or saw you about in beta. The name just seems so familiar. If you were in the last couple of beta's then that is probably it. I remember doing a Rift with just one other person and it was really really close, with us both near death several times (well, ok, I was near death several times ;)) Could be it.
This is my retro sig from Everquest 2 Beta - design by Aeijn